Wednesday 13 March 2013

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I was looking through some old pictures, of when the twins were first born and they were so little, and it just made me stop an reflect on all the precious and lovely moments that we have and life makes us go past them without stopping and savoring those moments. This was the picture that made me tear up and realise that I have such a blessing Alhamdulilah, I just don't give thanks or appreciate it enough.


This is my little baby Hana and this is one of the very first smiles that I got from her. Life goes so fast and you want to move on to catch up with what's happening we don't stop and look at what we are actually missing. During this picture the twins were only 8 months old and barely crawling (which I was supper worried about) now that I see this picture all I remember is how tiered I was lol!! But now just looking at her smile makes me forget all that.. You know that during that time when I wasn't sleeping or eating or drinking and was crying all the time, people used to say it's all worth it, it will all be worth it. I used to think emmm no! haha! But it truly is! Subhana Allah.

Life is so strange, I was once this small, with my mother looking down at me thinking what a pretty baby lol!! If I say so myself ehem! I think however much the hardship is that we go through in life, there is always something that God gives us that brightens up the darkest of days. Our problem is sometimes we don't see this "something" or take it as a burden on top of everything else. 

Take a moment and pretend that you are standing outside your window and looking in at yourself and your life, how many things would you see that you could be thankful for and that would make you feel lucky. I'm sure there would be lots if you honestly thought about everything. Totally in a reflective mood today .. Oh Allah! Whatever blessings I or any of Your creatures rose up with, is only from You. You have no partner, so all grace and thanks are due to You.

A lovely day to all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment